9. What About Now
10. We Got It Goin On
11. Keep the Faith
12. Make a Memory
13. Bed of Roses
14. I'll Be There for You
15. Born to Follow
16. Born to Be My Baby
17. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead/Start Me Up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyUZRVKp_7E
18. Who Says You Can't Go Home
19. Bad Medicine

Encore:
20. When We Were Beautiful
21. Wanted Dead or Alive
22. Livin on a Prayer

Encore 2:
23. Saturday Night
24. Twist and Shout
In a world that gives you nothing, we need something to believe in
https://www.instagram.com/qeeriefire/
usunięty użytkownik 4858

Post autor: usunięty użytkownik 4858 »

Because they can: Bon Jovi thrills MTS Centre crowd

In a moment, not even ten minutes in to the concert last night, it seemed the MTS Centre was rippling.

All the fans had raised their hands, you see: clear around the arena they shoved their arms up on the beat, and wiggled their fingers furiously. They raised them because it was the title of the song, and because Jon Bon Jovi told them to. Because he can. Because it’s a rock star’s privilege to stand in the middle of 15,500 people, pump his hips against the mic stand, and tell ‘em how it’s gonna be.

"I ain’t going to waste a lot of time," Bon Jovi said then, shouldering his guitar. "We’re going to take you on a rollercoaster ride from the beginning to the present day... so for the next two-and-a-half hours, strap yourselves in and let me drive."

Well, it’s not like anyone else had the keys. Guitarist Richie Sambora dropped out of the Because We Can tour earlier this week, "personal reasons" they said, which showbiz media buzzed could be a spat over money, or maybe substance trouble again. Sambora Tweeted he was fine.

At any rate, the show went on without him — Bon Jovi, drummer Tico Torres and keyboardist David Bryan at the helm. Phil Xenidis took over on first axe, although — a fan lamented last night — the harmonies just weren’t the same without Richie around.

At least there was a whole lot of sound to flesh them out: from his place at the heart of a stage-in-the-round, Bon Jovi held court on three hours of straightforward rock’n’roll. There weren’t a lot of bells, and even fewer whistles — at a few points, columns descended to form video screens behind the open stage. Once, they turned into stepping-stones for Bon Jovi to gyrate for fans on the arena’s south end, who mostly only saw his back or else an obstructed view.

There were a handful of songs off of the brand-new Bon Jovi album, What About Now, but not many. We all knew why we were there: not just to make a memory, but to dust off the ones we once carefully folded, and were forced by life to leave behind.

Jon Bon Jovi knows this too. He is a 51-year-old man in tight black jeans and swept-back follicular flow, still delighting millions by playing decades-old rock’n’roll; he played with this in subtle winks. "This is one I wrote a long time ago, off a record called Keep The Faith," he said, standing at the apex of a narrow horseshoe catwalk. "It’s called Bed of Roses."

And then he was bending down, hands plunging towards his fans, they screamed and threw their arms around each other and sang so loud. How many times has he done this? It doesn’t matter, it’s not about the man on stage, really. It’s about every swaying body and blissed-out face in that crowd.

And so, for another hour yet, he brought them back home: he kicked out We Weren’t Born To Follow, he rocked a little Rolling Stones. The main set closed off with Bad Medicine, and the thunderous cheers shook the place all over. In the rocking encore, Bon Jovi made a quiet nod to Sambora’s absence, thanking the crowd for their "patience."

"We’re very grateful for that," he said, and then the band just lit the place up: something about a steel horse, a cowboy, and being wanted dead or alive.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-a ... 25461.html
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bon Jovi at Winnipeg MTS Centre concert review:
"Bon Jovi hit Winnipeg last night, performing to a packed house of nearly 16,000 adoring fans (largely female) that waited with baited breath at the MTS Centre.

Touring in support of their latest album "What About Now," which was released last month and debuted at No. 1 in Canada and the U.S., the veteran New Jersey rockers were making their first visit to the 'Peg since their Circle Tour stop at the Canad Inns Stadium in July, 2010.

Although the tour hit a major road bump in Calgary, AB a few nights ago when lead guitarist Richie Sambora abruptly exited the current leg of the tour under mysterious circumstances, the band adopted the "can do" attitude of the tour's name, "Because We Can," and opted to carry on, hiring Canuck session whiz Phil X to pitch hit.

Armed with their massive back catalogue of hits, the Grammy Award winners hit the stage with guns blazing, led by the seemingly ageless Jon Bon Jovi, who confidently flashed his pearly whites and kickstarted the show with their 1986 smash "You Give Love a Bad Name."

At 51-years old, the singer still has strong pipes and showed far more energy and spryness than his last appearance at which he was hindered by a torn calf muscle.

Backed by the rock solid band nucleus of hard-hitting drummer Tico Torres, keyboardist and David Bryan, along with veteran sidemen Hugh McDonald on bass and Bobby Bandiera on rhythm, the frontman hopped and gyrated like a teenager, belting out the lyrics to the throngs of screaming fans, who seemed to know every word to every song.

He paused long enough to proclaim, "I ain’t going to waste a lot of time. We’re going to take you on a rollercoaster ride from the beginning to the present day... so for the next two-and-a-half hours, strap yourselves in and let me drive.

True to his word, Bon Jovi proceeded to rock the house with a solid 2 1/2 hour - 24 song set list, continuing with the 1986 "Slippery When Wet" track "Raise Your Hands."

The band sounded tight, benefiting from the fact Phil X had replaced Sambora once before while the troubled guitarist underwent rehab during The Circle Tour, though the overall sound suffered slightly from the kick drum being overly loud in the mix at times.

Although no guitarist could adequately fill Sambora's shoes in Bon Jovi, the Toronto, ON is a top-notch rock guitarist in his own right and he handled the unenviable task with style and taste.

The stage was roughly shaped like the band's heart and dagger logo with ramps extending from the stage to an extended 180-degree catwalk in front. Behind the band, hydraulic columns ascended and descended to form video screens.

The veteran rocker also climbed the columns on occasion to interact with fans seated behind the stage.

The 1983 hit "Runaway" and the 2006 country-rocker "Lost Highway" proceeded a pair of obligatory mid-tempo tracks off the new album, including the debut single "Because We Can" and "That's What the Water Made Me."

Then it was back to the hits with the title track from their 2000 comeback album "It's My Life,” along with "Whole Lot of Leaving" and "We Got it Going On from 2006's "Lost Highway, rounded out by the title track from the new album and the lead single/title track from 1992's "Keep the Faith."

Bon Jovi then gave fans in the VIP section their money's worth, donning his acoustic guitar and strolling the catwalk while performing the hit ballads"(You Want to) Make a Memory," "Bed of Roses," and "I'll Be There For You," shaking hands and signing autographs the whole time.

Setting up for the homestretch, the band shifted back into rock mode, pulling out back-to-back hits, including 2009's "We Weren't Born to Follow" and 1988's "Born to Be My Baby."

"Are You with Me, Winnipeg?" Bon Jovi queried knowingly, before delivering his 1993 hit "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead," which morphed into covers of Martha Reeve's 1964 signature song "Dancing in the Streets" and The Stones "Start Me Up," with the frontman strutting and preening a la Mick Jagger, whom he declared was, "the only motherf**ker" around who's badder than me!"

They wrapped the initial set with the single "Who Says You Can't Go Home" from the 2005 album "Have a Nice Day," and a smoking version of their 1988 smash "Bad Medicine," complete with a bevy of skeletal dancers, shimmy and swaying across the pedestal screen, which had the entire arena on its feet.

Returning for an encore, Bon Jovi made his one and only indirect allusion to Sambora's absence, saying, "Thank you for your patience with this band. We’re very grateful for that" before launching into 2010's "When We Were Beautiful," and back-to-back hits from 1986's "Slipper When Wet" album -"Wanted Dead or Alive" and "Livin' on a Prayer,"

Energy, charm, showmanship and plenty of sweat along with a second encore, which included the 1995 single "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night" and a cover of the 1961 Isley Brothers classic "Twist and Shout," helped compensate for any remaining angst over Sambora's no-show.

The band’s next stop is tomorrow night in Saint Paul, Minn. at Xcel Energy Center.

Did you know? Richie Sambora will reportedly return for the European leg of Bon Jovi's Because We Can tour."
http://www.examiner.com/article/bon-jov ... ew?cid=rss
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Because We Can Tour 2013”