16. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
17. We Weren't Born to Follow
18.Who Says You Can't Go Home
19. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
20. Bad Medicine

21. Wanted Dead or Alive
22. Have a Nice Day
23. Livin' on a Prayer

To Jon mnie zaskoczył z Thick As Thieves. Myślałem, że nigdy tego nie zagrają, a tu niespodzianka. Jest to moja ulubiona piosenek z WAN. Ale bez Richiego nie wyobrażam sobie za bardzo tej piosenki..
usunięty użytkownik 4858

Post autor: usunięty użytkownik 4858 »

Obrazek
Rogers Arena, Vancouver 02. 10. 2013.

Review: Bon Jovi stands the test of time

If you wanted to know what a band with over 2,700 concerts under its belt is worth, you had to be at Rogers Arena Wednesday, where New Jersey’s prodigal sons Bon Jovi kicked off the third North American leg of their Because We Can tour with a gig that proved they still rank among the best arena performers around.

With a set list spanning 30 years and comprising close to 25 songs, there was a little bit of everything for everyone.

Over the past three decades there have been many transformative moments for Bon Jovi.

First there was the ’80s hair metal of Slippery When Wet and New Jersey, followed by the mature ’90s pop-rock era of Keep The Faith and Cross Road (and later Crush and Bounce) and in the 2000s the country-crossover momentum shift of Have A Nice Day and Lost Highway.

The band’s latest effort What About Now, released this spring, became Bon Jovi’s third consecutive album to enter the Billboard 200 at No.1.

While not necessarily their most critically acclaimed, What About Now combined all the signature Bon Jovi trademarks — anthemic choruses, heart-tugging lyrics, country-inflected patriotism and slick pop appeal — that fans new and old have come to love.

But the live experience is where Bon Jovi have always shined. With a stage presentation that makes full use of the entire arena without resorting to artifice or flashy gimmicks (no giant LCD screens or visual trickery here, although the moving light rigs are beyond compare), there is rarely a bad seat in the house at a Bon Jovi gig.

As with Springsteen, sometimes sitting behind the stage or in the nosebleeds is arguably just as much (if not more) fun than leaning against the ramp at the front of the stage.

“This ain’t television, baby,” frontman Jon Bon Jovi said after opening cut What The Water Gave Me, imploring the crowd to get up on its feet.

The crowd happily did so as the band launched into classics You Give Love A Bad Name and Raise Your Hands, the latter hopped up on curly haired keyboardist David Bryan’s big synth blasts. Totally ‘80s.

The picture would have arguably been complete had veteran guitarist Richie Sambora been present for this one. Sambora, whose website still lists him as being on tour with Bon Jovi and links to Bon Jovi’s tickets page, was reportedly fired a few months ago due to a contractual dispute.

The band has been mum on the subject, but the presence of replacement guitarist Phil Xenidis (Triumph, Methods of Mayhem) on stage Wednesday night spoke loud and clear.

Fans didn’t seem to mind.

Runaway finished an early era trifecta where the band glowed in all its former long-haired glory, Jon Bon Jovi struggling a little vocally, perhaps due to a mix that was a little too instrument heavy.

But it takes more than a slightly muddy mix to keep a band like Bon Jovi down, and they swiftly moved into a solid chunk of their more countrified material (Lost Highway, Whole Lot Of Leavin’), where Jon Bon Jovi found his comfort zone.

With backup players Bobby Bandiera (guitar), Hugh McDonald (bass) and Rich Scannella filling in for a waylaid Tico Torres on drums (Torres recently underwent surgery in Mexico following an appendectomy), Bon Jovi was as well-oiled as ever.

Jon Bon Jovi gave a dedication to young Langley fan Kaden Artemenko, who was featured in a story in The Province Wednesday morning, with the band performing cornerstone track It’s My Life in his honour and joking they could have used him as a replacement for Torres. (The kid is quite the drummer, apparently.)

Sure, the new material didn’t fly as high as the band’s more well-known tunes, but there were more than a few dads busting a move during tour theme song Because We Can, while Jon Bon Jovi showed off a few shakes of his own atop the ramp at the back of the stage during We Got It Goin’ On.

At 51, the frontman is still quite nimble, though he spent much less time coursing the ramps as he did in 2011 in the same venue.

The concert, save for the new material, was arguably not that much different from the band’s last Vancouver outing. (The acoustic break bringing the band to the front ramp with Bryan playing the accordion was also pretty much a carbon copy of the last show.) But you could do much worse than catch a band whose material, in all its various shades (from the folky Who Says You Can’t Go Home to the hard-rocking Bad Medicine), still stands the test of time for multiple generations.
© Copyright (c) The Province http://www.theprovince.com/entertainmen ... story.html

[ Dodano: 2013-10-03, 10:01 ]
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
prezes1
Gdańsk Supporter
Gdańsk Supporter
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day
Ulubiona płyta: These Days i NJ

Post autor: prezes1 »

Znowu błąd: Water Gave Me.
Richie tym razem wyrzucony w wyniku kłótni o umowę( contractual dispute), hehe.
No i : Fans didn’t seem to mind. No jasna sprawa...No big deal... ;)
"Opinions are like assholes...Everybody has one!"
usunięty użytkownik 4858

prezes1 pisze:Znowu błąd: Water Gave Me.
Richie tym razem wyrzucony w wyniku kłótni o umowę( contractual dispute), hehe.
No i : Fans didn’t seem to mind. No jasna sprawa...No big deal... ;)
z tym "gave" jest jak u nas z wyborczą - czego by nie napisała to inne gazety przepiszą, nawet nie sprawdzając :D

ech... "redaktorzy"... większość z nich rozpoczyna swój dzień pracy od przepisywania tekstów z mainstreamowych tytułów :D

A obiegowa opinia nt. "Fans didn’t seem to mind" bierze się z tego, że Jon "sam" zapełnia stadiony...
Ostatnio zmieniony 3 października 2013, o 08:41 przez usunięty użytkownik 4858, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
KondZik

Re: 02.10.2013 - Vancouver

Post autor: KondZik »

Smolek pisze:Setlista:

1. That's What the Water Made Me
2. You Give Love a Bad Name
3. Raise Your Hands
4. Runaway
5. Lost Highway
6. Whole Lot of Leavin'
7. It's My Life
8. Because We Can
9. What About Now
10. We Got It Goin' On
11. Keep the Faith
12. (You Want to) Make a Memory
13. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
14. Thick As Thieves (Acoustic)
15. Fire (Bruce Springsteen cover)
16. Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
17. We Weren't Born to Follow
18.Who Says You Can't Go Home
19. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
20. Bad Medicine

21. Wanted Dead or Alive
22. Have a Nice Day
23. Livin' on a Prayer

To Jon mnie zaskoczył z Thick As Thieves. Myślałem, że nigdy tego nie zagrają, a tu niespodzianka. Jest to moja ulubiona piosenek z WAN. Ale bez Richiego nie wyobrażam sobie za bardzo tej piosenki..
Miałem nadzieje że kiedyś to zagrają ale z Richiem i nie wersje akustyczną...
Jak ktoś znajdzie filmik z tego to proszę o wrzucenie linka.
Awatar użytkownika
Ricky Skywalker
Administrator
Administrator
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day
Ulubiona płyta: NJ+KTF+SITT+AOTL
Kontakt:

Post autor: Ricky Skywalker »

To ja czekam na Pictures Of You, choć chciałbym usłyszeć to z solówką Ryśka, która bez wątpienia dużo daje tej piosence...
"these days all we got is hope, we got redemption and we got forgiveness. And we got one more thing - we got us these days..."
- Richie Sambora, 29-10-2007
Awatar użytkownika
monjovi
Gdańsk Supporter
Gdańsk Supporter
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day
Ulubiona płyta: New Jersey
Kontakt:

Post autor: monjovi »

Thick :D Jon zaszalał :P szkoda, że akustycznie ale właściwie jak to inaczej zagrać, te wszystkie smyczki itd, chyba, że podkład z playbacku :P

O ja podobnie jak Ricky czekam na Pictures :D wstydziłam się powiedzieć, zę mi sie najbardziej POY podoba z WANa, ale jak sam Ryszard lubi to ja też mogę :<
[align=center]http://www.lastfm.pl/user/monjovi[/align]
Awatar użytkownika
Damned
Gdańsk Supporter
Gdańsk Supporter
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day
Ulubiona płyta: These Days
Kontakt:

Post autor: Damned »

Thick as Thieves, nareszcie coś nowego...
monjovi pisze:szkoda, że akustycznie ale właściwie jak to inaczej zagrać, te wszystkie smyczki itd, chyba, że podkład z playbacku :P
Monika, spokojnie, jak zagrają w oryginalnej wersji, będą i smyczki...
Tuż pod sceną siedzi niejaki Pan Bill St. Amour, który współpracuje z BJ od prawie 10 lat.
Obsługuje on sampler z dźwiękami, których nie da się uzyskać z instrumentów Richiego, Davida, Tico i Hugh na scenie.
Praktycznie w każdym utworze są takie dźwięki. W jednym utworze mniej słyszalne, w drugim bardziej. Można stwierdzić że facet jest niejako szóstym muzykiem na koncertach BJ. Gdyby włączył coś nie "w tempo" to zawaliłby koncert. Bardzo odpowiedzialna praca ;)

A tak to wygląda w praktyce:

Obrazek
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
prezes1
Gdańsk Supporter
Gdańsk Supporter
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day
Ulubiona płyta: These Days i NJ

Post autor: prezes1 »

No ładnie, siedzi jakiś pod sceną i guziki naciska... ;)
Pół-playback jak nic! Myślałem że Dave ma tam jakieś sample u siebie...
Ale gdyby się facet pomylił to nie dosięgnie go słynne stink-eye, hehe :D
"Opinions are like assholes...Everybody has one!"
Awatar użytkownika
imp
Gdańsk Supporter
Gdańsk Supporter
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day
Kontakt:

Post autor: imp »

tam Lorenza pomagała, może przy Thick as Thieves też?

Lost Highway
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKbwe1-koR8

[ Dodano: 2013-10-03, 17:37 ]
Wanted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeNkCMKiXC8
usunięty użytkownik 4858

ale brzydka scena bez Sofii... Gdańsk górą :D
Miracle-BJ
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day

Post autor: Miracle-BJ »

Thick as Thieves!
Jestem w szoku! Myślałam, że nigdy tego nie zagrają! Oczywiście, że wolałabym wersję "płytową" a nie acoustic, ale lepszy rydz niż nic.
Jak tylko ktoś zamieści na YT to wrzucajcie, jestem ciekawa jak to wyszło. :))
BJ - It's my life - Always !
Awatar użytkownika
Kama97
Gdańsk Supporter
Gdańsk Supporter
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day

Post autor: Kama97 »

10.06.2011 - Drezno
27.07.2011 - Barcelona
19.06.2013 - GDAŃSK, moje miasto !
05.07.2013 - Londyn
Awatar użytkownika
imp
Gdańsk Supporter
Gdańsk Supporter
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day
Kontakt:

Post autor: imp »

thx:)

cieniutko wyszło :whoeva:
i nie mogę patrzeć na taki 'zestaw' na wybiegu :zniesmaczony: i nie o Lorenze mi chodzi...
Miracle-BJ
Have A Nice Day
Have A Nice Day

Post autor: Miracle-BJ »

imp pisze:
thx:)

cieniutko wyszło :whoeva:
i nie mogę patrzeć na taki 'zestaw' na wybiegu :zniesmaczony: i nie o Lorenze mi chodzi...
To samo właśnie miałam napisać. Słabiuśko i cieniutko! Niech lepiej nie wychodzą na ten wybieg! :D
BJ - It's my life - Always !
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Because We Can Tour 2013”